My beautiful daughter is just 9 years old but I started to notice that she had the odd little pimple appearing on her perfect little cheeks! As with virtually every product on my website, I arrived at it due to a need for it in my life, and an inability to find something suitable in shops. At the same time as the pimple appearance, lots of my mum-customers were asking me what products their daughters can use to gently cleanse skin without harmful chemicals, but that will actually help with minor teenage outbreaks. Well I looked and looked but realised … there is literally nothing genuinely natural on the market for teenagers. The products that are aimed at spotty/hormonal teenagers contain such a terrifying cocktail of chemicals it really shocked me.
So after a few weeks in the kitchen knocking things up, a lot of hours researching and then a few more weeks trialling my invention on some gorgeous and willing young teenage girls, I arrived at my absolutely amazing (if I say so myself) new product – TJ’s 100% organic cleanser!!
This new Cleansing Oil is a very simple recipe including just 8 natural plant oils, blended in a very safe way, suitable for children. It comes in a lovely little gift bag with instructions and information, a hair bobble and a muslin cloth (optional). It’s affordable, it’s safe, it works! So here’s the background – why these ingredients will work, and what’s going on with teenage skin:
- Sunflower seed: High in linoleic acid (an important part of treating spot-prone skin) a light and gentle oil that does not clog pores, is easily absorbed, and is high in vitamin A, D and E.
- Grapeseed: Again, high in linoleic acid, and another very light oil, good for all skin types. It does not leave a greasy feeling to the skin, it is slightly astringent (i.e. makes skin less oily), tightens and tones the skin, making it perfect for hormonal skin.
- Jojoba: Closely resembles the skin’s own natural sebum and causes excess sebum to dissolve, therefore helping to control acne and oily skin. Sinks into skin very rapidly, it is nourishing and helps to heal inflamed skin.
- Castor: Has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, helps to draw impurities from the skin.
- Geranium: Hormone regulator, reduces excess sebum production. Calms hormonal moods.
- Cedarwood: Antiseptic, astringent, helps to dry up excess oils and kill bacteria on the skin.
- Petitgrain: Anti-inflammatory and uplifting.
- Vitamin E: Natural preservative.
|Why A Truly Natural Cleansing Product Works Over A Traditional, Chemical Product:
· Sebum is an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands in our skin. Its main purpose is to make the skin and hair waterproof and to protect them from drying out. It is necessary and natural and we do not want to completely remove it. However, we do want to produce just a normal amount.
· Spots can be caused by hormones, bacteria, over-production of sebum and a build of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.
· Traditional acne/spot treatments focus on drying up your sebum and killing bacteria, but this is often much too harsh.
· When you remove too much of the skin’s natural sebum, it will go into over-drive to produce more, so you will end up in a bad cycle of over-drying skin, which will then quickly become too oily again.
· These traditional shop-bought products also often contain other chemical ingredients which upset the natural balance of your skin, perfume, alcohol, preservatives, all of which are too much for delicate young skin and totally unnecessary.
· When your skin feels tight following cleansing/washing, it means you have over-cleansed and damaged the skin.
· The best way to naturally deal with hormonal skin is to use products that do not clog your pores so that bacteria cannot build up.
· Oil dissolves oil, so using an oil will actually help to remove any excess oil but allow your skin to naturally produce the correct amount.
· It is important to use the right sort of natural oil though, as some oils (such as coconut or avocado) might block pores.
· This cleansing oil contains a blend of oils that do not clog pors, calms inflammation, reduces bacteria, it is high in linoleic acid (which spot-prone skin is deficient in), which will help to balance and calm skin.
So that’s all you need to know about treating your daughter’s skin with the love and care it deserves. Click here to pop over to my shop page now to buy a bottle of natural, beautiful skin.
For more information on how to balance hormones, in teenagers and in women of any age, pop over to www.bellawellbeing.co.uk