I get so many emails every day from people asking questions, about eczema, about pregnancy safe oils, about scars, about coughs and colds, facial routines, you name it, if there is an aromatherapy solution, I can come up with it, and I happily spend a good deal of time replying to emails.
Last week I got one from a woman asking about how to establish a good, natural skincare routine at home. Well, how long is a piece of string? You can make your routine as simple or as complicated as you like. I have devised three routines here and hopefully one of them will suit you.
Before I start, you should also know that I am really quite lazy when it comes to my own skincare regime; I’m just so damn tired when it comes to bed time, I can assure you that I follow routine 1 for at least 5 days a week, and my skin is pretty good bearing in mind I’m nearly 41 and in the past I have had really severe facial eczema. Having said that, I never wear foundation or much make-up at all (NB I don’t need foundation because I use OMG serum!!).
Routine 1: The Lazy Girl Routine
1. Wash face with warm water whilst in the bath or shower.
2. Massage face and neck with OMG Serum for two minutes. Done!
Routine 2: The Average Busy Lady Routine
1. Cleanse with the organic deep cleansing balm and a muslin cloth and warm water, massaging around the face and neck (the muslin cloth acts as a very gentle exfoliator).
2. Massage face with OMG serum; can be used all over the face, neck and right round the eyes. Even use on your upper chest.
3. Follow with small amount of balancing or very sensitive organic moisturiser.
Routine 3: The Lovely “I-Care-About-Me” Routine
1. Cleanse with the organic deep cleansing balm and a muslin cloth and warm water, massaging around the face and neck
2. Tone with balancing organic toner and cotton wool
3. Massage in small amount of either OMG serum or very indulgent/sensitive organic face oil
4. Tap aloe & seaweed eye gel around eye
5. Moisturise face and neck with balancing or very sensitive organic moisturiser.
6. Apply one of my organic lip balms
You should try to do this routine once a week, even if you do the lazy thing for the rest of the week.
So that’s it folks, pick your routine, and then make sure you’ve got my products in stock to do it (www.lj-natural.com/shop) and get on with it.