This handy lip balm kit contains everything you need to make two 15g pots of organic lip balm, plus the option to add a little sparkly colour.
Here’s what you get:
- LJ Organic Beauty Recipe Book, “LJ’s guide to making skincare products at home” contains ten natural beauty recipes to make at home, plus lots of information about aromatherapy and essential oils to use at home, and natural ingredients that are great for our skin. Worth £3.50. Turn to page 14 for the recipe for Organic Lip Balm.
- Two 15g aluminium jars to pour your finished lip balm into.
- 10g of certified organic sunflower seed oil
- 10g of certified organic avocado oil – please be sure to recycle this bottle after use, it can be put with your household recycling.
- 5g organic yellow beeswax (in one of the tins to put your finished balm into)
- 5g organic cocoa butter (in the other tins to put your finished balm into)
- 1g pink mica – a natural mineral colour
- Two labels to put onto your finished balms.
The lip balm kit doesn’t contain essential oils. For this recipe you can use 6 drops of essential oil. In our recipe book we have suggested 2 sweet orange, 2 lemon and 2 mandarin, to give you a fruity lip balm. Other options would be 3 drops of lavender and 3 drops of peppermint. You can, of course, leave the essential oils out. Your lip balm will still be extremely hydrated and gorgeous, just without any aroma.
This lip balm is so good for lips – many conventional lip balms that can be bought at mainstream shops are made with petrochemicals – a cheap and skin-damaging ingredient which actually causes lips to chap, so you get stuck in that cycle of applying more and more, making your lips and skin more sore and dry. These ingredient will keep your lips hydrated and protected, whilst delivering hydration and vitamins to the skin where it is really needed.
Not tested on animals
A vegan version can be made on request – we can substitute the beeswax with jojoba wax. Please either email or order it and clearly state in the notes when you checkout.