Papaya Wash-off Lighter Cleanser
£11.95 – £15.20
With papaya, watermelon and neroli oils to thoroughly cleanse and brighten: containing 9 completely natural plant oils.
Massage into your dry face. Splash with warm water to create a milky emulsion, massage more then rinse away with clean warm water. Skin will be cleansed, calm, soft and naturally beautiful.
Muslin cloth optional.
So what happened it this ... I asked my lovely customers what products they would like me to make and loads said that although they totally love my Organic Deep Cleansing Balm, because it is rich and indulgent, they wanted a lighter cleanser to use in the shower in the morning. So I got busy in the kitchen and created this...
Papaya Wash Off Lighter Cleanser is a very simple recipe including just 9 natural plant oils. But this one also includes an emulsifier, so that when the cleanser comes into contact with water, it creates a gorgeous milky emulsion that washes your face gently and sends all the things you don't want on your face down the sink, when you rinse it away. I have chosen very specific oils that not only help to dissolve sebum and dirt on the skin, but which will gently and lightly remove impurities whilst conditioning the skin all at the same time. It's so simple. I chose the essential oils that are great antibacterial, regenerating and perfect for detoxifying skin, and they smell so uplifting too.
Directions: Shake before use. Squirt 10p piece amount in to you palm and massage into your dry face. Splash with warm water to create a milky emulsion, massage more then rinse away with clean warm water. You can use a muslin cloth to remove the last of it, if preferred. Pat dry. Store in a cool, dark place.
So here's more details about the fabulous and hard-working natural oils:
1. Papaya seed oil: extracted from the seed of the papaya fruit (paw paw). It is rich in the omega 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, vitamins A and C and Potassium. Papaya seed oil is easily absorbed and adds excellent conditioning properties to the skin. It also contains the enzyme papain, which helps dissolve excess sebum and impurities on the skin, gently removes dead skin cells and can be used on oily or problem skin. It has antibiotic properties and may benefit skin irritations.
2. Watermelon Seed oil: extremely light and silky, has a high linoleic acid content. It helps to dissolve sebum in pores, and is cell rejuvenating. Good for problematic skin. Very nourishing , super-absorbent oil, rich in omega 6 & 9 EFA; it is easily absorbed and leaving no residue.
3. Grapeseed Oil: contains linoleic acid that strengthens the cell membranes and improves the overall quality of your skin. Its regular usage cures various types of skin troubles including acne and pimples: its antioxidant characteristic prevents the pores from clogging and further prevents the outburst. It is very rich in vitamin E.
4. Castor seed oil: has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, helps to draw impurities from the skin. It penetrates deep into the skin and helps to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, both of which soften and hydrate the skin, which can delay the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Neroli Essential Oil: antibacterial and regenerative, with the most beautiful uplifting aroma.
6. Lemon Essential Oil: increases the luster of dull skin. It is astringent and detoxifying in nature, and rejuvenates sagging or tired-looking skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders. It is helpful for reducing excessive oil on the skin.
Here's what happy customers say: "it's lovely and light, such a nice rich texture: initially I was worried it would leave a greasy residue afterwards but my skin felt really clean and ready to moisturise. It smells lovely!"
"I love the delicate smell! And it was great at getting all my make-up off."
Ingredients: castor oil (ricinus communis)*, helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil*, grapeseed oil (vitis vinifera)*, watermelon (citrullus vulgaris seed oil), papaya seed oil (carica papaya), babassu oil (orbignya martiana), polysorbate 80, cetearyl alcohol, citrus limon, citrus aurantium. Naturally occurring allergens: citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool, farnesol. *certified organic (65.5%)
No parabens, petro-chemicals, artificial fragrance or colour.
Suitable for Vegans
Use within 6 months of opening
Store in a cool dark place
No Animal Testing
For a richer cleansing balm please look at my Organic Deep Cleansing Balm.
I have used a new ingredient in this recipe, it's Cetearyl Alcohol; some of you might be wondering why I'm including alcohol, which it traditionally thought of as very drying for the skin. Well Cetearyl alcohol isn't what you might think. It's actually a water soluble fatty alcohol, and I've incorporated it into this product because it assists with the "washing away" of the product, as well as giving it a gorgeous silky feel. It's also plant-derived and totally biodegradable.
Here's Colin's blog which explains it perfectly: colinsbeautypages.co.uk/cetearyl-alcohol