Introducing reusable sanitary pads so we can SAY NO TO PLASTIC SANITARY PADS ENDING UP IN LANDFILL.
Each woman uses around 200kg of disposable period products in her menstruating years. Many of these are made of plastic and cannot be recycled. These reusable, re-washable sanitary period towels are the best eco-alternative and you too can save the planet one month at a time.
SOFT BAMBOO LINING THAT WILL KEEP YOU DRY AND COMFORTABLE: These eco-friendly period pads are made with an incredibly soft yet resistant charcoal bamboo lining. Bamboo is known for its natural antibacterial properties and guarantees extra hygiene. Their extra-absorbent nature will keep you dry and fresh for hours.
NO LEAKING, EVEN ON THE MOVE: The outer layer of these reusable eco-friendly sanitary pads is made with a waterproof, stain-resistant PUL fabric.
• Place the sanitary pad into your underwear, making sure the bamboo charcoal fabric is positioned upwards.
• Secure by snapping together the poppers underneath the gusset of your knickers.
• Once used, rinse under cold water folding the pad and gently rubbing the inner lining together. You can do this under the sink or even in the shower. Rinse and rub until there is no more leakage in the water.
• You can either keep your reusable sanitary towels in a wet-bag or in a bucket until your next wash.
• In order to increase their lifetime, we recommend hand washing or machine washing water at 30 Degree C max.
Let them air dry; tumble driers are bad for the environment and will also shorten your panty liner durability.
If you are still not sure if these are for you, read this article by Friends of the Earth. Its not only healthier for your body, but so much better for the environment. “Figures from the Marine Conservation Society reveal that on average, 4.8 pieces of menstrual waste are found per 100 metres of beach cleaned. For every 100m of beach, that amounts to 4 pads, panty-liners and backing strips, along with at least one tampon and applicator.”
To see more about how to live zero waste, pop over to the rest of our zero waste range.