As we’ve moved our home life away from plastic-use, I rediscovered an old wooden comb in my drawer at home, and decided to start using it when my old plastic hair brush broke. The difference in my hair was really noticeable; less frizzy, smoother and less oily. I decided to do a bit of research on why wooden combs give so much better results and was amazed with what I discovered. We should all be choosing a lovely them over the cheap, plastic alternative, that could end up floating in the sea, or sitting in landfill for thousands of years.
So we have sourced these gorgeous wooden combs for you to buy alongside our natural hair care products.
Why use a wooden comb
- It’s plastic free!
- Which leads on to the most obvious improvement; using a wooden hair comb won’t create any static in your hair; this immediately means less flyaways.
- The feel of wood on your scalp is really lovely; it’s like having a little scalp massage. This helps to increase the blood flow to the scalp, bringing nutrients to the hair roots.
- This will also help with dry scalp and dandruff and the massage-feeling on the scalp will improve the health of your scalp, and help you to produce the right amount of sebum, which will balance the hair and scalp naturally – less greasy and less dryness.
- As you pull the comb through your hair, the natural oils from your scalp will coat your hair shaft all the way down to the ends, which dramatically improves the condition of your hair. This will create much more bounce and natural shine to your hair.
- This wide-tooth comb that we have sourced doesn’t pull or break your hair.
- We recommend combing your hair in sections, particularly if you have thicker hair.
Check out our full range of plastic-free, natural hair products here.
Size: 15cm long and 5cm deep at its widest.
Not only is it plastic-free but is such a pretty addition to the bedroom or bathroom.